Sound problems in vesa

Mervin McDougall mcd_advisory at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 12:59:22 PST 2005

 I have noticed that since I have enabled vesa on my
laptop there has been difficulty with my sound.. in
that whenever I am switching from one screen
resolution to another I get this grumbling sound over
my speakers when music is being played. I thought this
was limited to me switching from X to a vesa console
but the same problem occurs when at the console when
switching from one console at 1024x768 to 80x30. I
have been fighting to figure out the problem for ages
with freebsd 5.3. I am not sure whether anyone else
has experienced the same problem and what can be done
to improve the situation. I am running freebsd on my
compaq presario 2100 laptop.