make install clean question

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Jan 4 12:43:55 PST 2005

Olof Andersson wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm a newbie with a problem.

Hi!  Welcome to FreeBSD.  I'm not sure this is a
FBSD issue, but you've done a good job asking
the question.  Here's my .02 euros ...

>I tried to install phpmyadmin from the
>ports. When I ran the make install clean for the first time I got a
>screen where I could make a couple of choices. I chose to install with
>something called "mysqli". The make install process stopped and I got
>
>anderssons1# make install clean
>
>You may use the following additional build option:
>
>    WITH_SUPHP=yes   Install appropriately for use with
>                     the www/suphp port [default: no]
>
>Unknown extension mysqli.
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin.
>
>I tried to run the make install clean again to be able to not select
>the "mysqli" but I only get the same message again. I tried to find
>information on how to "reset" the install but did not succeed. I have
>FreeBSD 5.3.

Mysqli is for "mysql-lite", and is only available on
PHP5 and MySQL 4.1 or greater.  Probably you
need to take a look at your versions of those programs.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey