burning 5.3-RELEASE CDs

Parv parv at pair.com
Mon Jan 3 14:21:05 PST 2005

in message <200501030936.j039arAx022411 at mp.cs.niu.edu>,
wrote Scott Bennett thusly...

> I've downloaded the following ISO image files:
>
> 	5.3-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso
> 	5.3-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso
> 	5.3-RELEASE-i386-disc2.iso
>
> I've also tried burning the first file to CD-Rs using Windows XP
> Home's own facilities and using Sonic RecordNow! under said
> system, but did not get bootable CDs either way.

First time i tried the software of same name unknown version (IBM
ThinkPad T42, Windows XP Professional), i selected "Data Disc" and
chose the ISO image.  Well, it did do its job: i got the ISO image
/file/ on the CD.

After more poking around in the software interface, "Burn Image" or
some such option was revealed under the heading of "Data Disc" or
some such.  And, that too did its job: i got the mini install ISO
image on CD to boot with.

  - Parv