Postfix + SASL issue

artware artware at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:13:08 PST 2005

Hello,

I seem to be having some issue with saslauthd and postfix on 5.3-R...
When I try to send mail out, it fails, and puts this in
/var/log/maillog:

Jan  4 05:56:17 n00330 postfix/smtpd[8103]: warning: SASL
authentication failure: cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such
file or directory
Jan  4 05:56:17 n00330 postfix/smtpd[8103]: warning: SASL
authentication failure: Password verification failed

It's weird, because it was working before, and then I tweaked
something, and it broke. I've recompiled postfix and
cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd, to no avail. Make a make deinstall broke
something along the way?

I don't even know what to suspect. I think it might be a permissions
issue, since saslauthd is running -- but I can't be sure. Does this
sound familiar to anyone?

- ben