Slow transition from X to vesa

Mervin McDougall mcd_advisory at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 07:02:09 PST 2005

 I recently applied a patch from current to adjust the
console settings for my laptop(Compaq Presarion 2100).
Previously, my consolewas limited to 1/3 rd of my
screen, however due to the new current-vesa patch I
can now view my console using the entire screen with
only one problem.

I have noticed that there is a small delay of two
seconds  when switching from X to my vesa consoles.
Furethermore, I have noticed that if I am playing
music via xmms whether through a shoutcast stream or
an mp3 from my harddrive the music continues to play a
small portion repeatedly until the vesa console comes
up. That can be very irritating. The same happens for
Xine

I have attached a copy of my pci_configuration as well
as  a copy of the patch which I applied to my system.
I hope that will be of some help. If you need any more
information feel free to ask.