Recommended Mail Transfer Agent

Adam Fabian afabian at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 2 12:36:55 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 02:20:51PM -0600, Michael Madden wrote:
> have noticed sendmail is the default MTA, but I have no sendmail
> experience.  Also I know historically sendmail has had some serious
> security issues.

sendmail is also bundled with OpenBSD, which is proactively rabid about
security.  Considering sendmail's track record, the OpenBSD FAQ says
something to the effect that the maintainers of sendmail are responsive
to security issues, unlike many projects, and the code now appears to be
as secure as anything else out there.

Configuration is pretty easy with the m4 macros, and sendmail still
amounts to something of a de-facto standard.
--
Adam Fabian (afabian at austin.rr.com)