News from several NNTP Servers

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Sat Jan 1 16:18:49 PST 2005

On Jan 1, 2005, at 2:59 AM, Erik Trulsson wrote:

> There are two different ways of getting news from upstream.  The first
> is to have them send everything to you. This requires some kind of
> agreement with the upstream-server.
> The other is to pull articles one by one from the upstream just like a
> normal nntp-client.
> Most nntp-servers can be configured to pull data from upstream just as
> if it was a client which means that you do not need any sort of special
> agreement with upstream.

Where can I go to find upstream newsfeeds?  I'm working on setting up a
local news server and I want to obtain a few specific blocks of
newsgroups for local users.  I don't know what they're going to want to
access at this point, but I think you get the idea.

Thanks.
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson