Problems with digital camera

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 1 13:41:04 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-01 at 20:45 +0000, unixadmin99 wrote:
> I have a canon Powershot G3 which works out of the box with FreeBSD
> 5.3 (GENERIC).
> I use /usr/ports/graphics/gphoto2 to grab the pictures off of my camera.
>
> $ dmesg
> ugen0: Canon Inc. Canon Digital Camera, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2
>
> $ sudo gphoto2 -P
> The above command copies all pictures from camera to the current
> working directory.

Thanks.  The problem appears to be that it is not getting recognized by
the system.  Even as a mass storage device.  Nothing in dmesg.

--
Cheers,
Trey

At a given moment I open my eyes and exist.
And before that, during all eternity, what was there?
Nothing.
- Ugo Betti

4:41PM up 3:23, 0 users, load averages: 0.12, 0.04, 0.01
FreeBSD salamander.thesizemores.net 5.3-RELEASE i386