Please help: burncd errors

John Wilson BSD-Mail at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jan 1 15:37:09 GMT 2005

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 16:21:54 +0100
Xinizul Xinizul <xinizul at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.

> I'm trying to burn an iso image containing a folder of mp3 files.
[...]
> 192# burncd -t -f /dev/acd0 audio mp3_1.iso fixate
[...]

For one, if you are attempting to burn a data CD, you want to use the
'data' option passed to burncd rather than 'audio'.  Use this for burning
ISO's.

If you truly wish to burn an audio CD, you'll first need to convert your
mp3's to wav's - I generally do this using mplayer with the -ao pcm option,
at which point, you can happily use the 'audio' option for burncd with the
list of wav's to burn.

- John.