Prism GT Chipset, hostap?

Jiri Mikulas konfer at mikulas.com
Sat Jan 1 00:37:00 PST 2005

Hello
For Prism2.5 based cards you can use native wi driver, hostap works well,
except bug in tx rate detection - it's fixed to 2Mbit/s
more info there
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-May/027476.html

For PrismGT there is non-oficial driver from Green
http://green.homeunix.org/~green/prism54-driver/pff/
just compile it, it creates if_pff.ko module, then load it

I found the problem, that if I load module in already running system, it works well,
but if I load it at the boot (if_pff_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf),
I got panic (something with locking, i'll give some info to green after debugging)
however hostap works well

I have already compiled version on FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Tue Nov 16 09:56:37 CET 2004
you can get it on (also with firmware - see Makefile) in one tgz
http://bsd.mikulas.com/wifi/pff-all.tgz

Jiri