OpenAFS server for FreeBSD ?

Emanuel Strobl emanuel.strobl at gmx.net
Mon Feb 28 19:00:21 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 28. Februar 2005 16:54 schrieb Heinrich Rebehn:
> Hi all,
>
> i just wanted to know if there is an OpenAFS server available for
> FreeBSD. I found only a client in the ports and also nothing about it in
> the ml archive

There is a special freebsd-afs Mailing list (
http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2005/freebsd-afs/)
which isn't too heavily frequented ;)

I remember several statements that openafs should compile and run on FreeBSD
(the server part at least, for the client one should go with arla, but I
think I can also remember positive results from one (the) porter at the ML).
Since I'm not able to fix things I decided to drop AFS because if I decide to
use it it's elementary to know it is "supported".

Best regards,

-Harry