samba ldap

Bob Hall rjhjr at cox.net
Mon Feb 28 14:25:47 GMT 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 11:56:49AM +0100, Florian Hengstberger wrote:
> Disabled by default? Sorry, but I've never specified any
> ldap options in my smb.conf but the server always tries
> to authentificate the users with an ldap server.

With or without LDAP compiled in, Samba shouldn't be asking for LDAP
unless you specified it in smb.conf. Look in smb.conf and post the
"passdb backend" setting.

I played with LDAP for a while, so I have
	;   passdb backend = ldapsam
The semicolon makes the line inactive. My installation uses tdbsam by
default.

HTH