Compiling

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Feb 28 12:41:23 GMT 2005

On 2005-02-28 20:46, Bhaban Singh <bhaban at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is my first question in this org. i am interesting to compiling
> and source code of FreeBSD. So please tell me how to compile.

First of all, make sure you have the full source tree.  The Handbook
contains instructions about obtaining the source, i.e. with CVSup.
For details, see:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

Then read /usr/src/UPDATING.  After skimming through the recently
added entries near the top, pay very close attention to the section
``To rebuild everything and install it on the current system.''