Installation instructions for Firefox somewhere?

John lists at reiteration.net
Mon Feb 28 00:30:58 GMT 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:53:29 +0100, Anthony Atkielski wrote

> Unless the OS is a Swiss cheese of bugs, constant updating is not
> necessary.  If the OS is so insecure that you must constantly update
> just to stay ahead of the kiddies, it's time to think of installing a
> different OS.

Were we discussing the OS? I thought we were discussing ports in general and
firefox in particular. Ports have seperate security issues; they are not part
of the OS, hence the security message displayed after any port is installed.

Constant *vigilance* is neccesary - whether or not you update depends on the
situation and the reason. In my earlier posts I was just trying to indicate
how easy this would be with portupgrade. Now I find that there's something
even easier called porteasy, and you apparently don't need the entire ports
tree to use it.

this system is great :) so many different ways of accomplishing the same goal.
lists at reiteration.net