How would you install all Gnome ports?

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sun Feb 27 23:32:33 GMT 2005

Chris Hodgins wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>> Chris Hodgins wrote:

>>> Not everything but enough to get you started:
>>>
>>> /usr/ports/x11/gnome2$ cat pkg-descr
>>> GNU Network Object Model Environment
>>>
>>> This metaport installs the entire GNOME 2 desktop, including
>>> the the most common user applications.  Other popular GNOME
>>> applications can be installed from the other GNOME 2 metaports:
>>>
>>>     * x11/gnome2-fifth-toe
>>>     * x11/gnome2-power-tools
>>>     * editors/gnome2-office
>>>     * devel/gnome2-hacker-tools
>>>
>>> WWW: http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/
>>>

>> Perfect - this is exactly what I wanted. I'm a KDE munkie myself, but
>> I wanted to dabble w/Gnome.
>>
>> Thank you Chris H.
>>

> I would also highly recommend Xfce4.2. :)
>
> Chris

I would - but I'm not into intense modification to my wm. A few teaks
here and there ore fine, but if I need to "learn" to setup a decent wm,
then it sorta defeats the purpose.

I love BSD under a wm, but I don't have the luxury of spending hours to
days makeing a "kick-ass" looking environment. That's just me tho - I
have seen what other can do - I lack the creative-eye to do that fancy
stuff.

--
Best regards,
Chris