Installation instructions for Firefox somewhere?

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 27 22:13:53 GMT 2005

John writes:

> 1. you mentioned that you had the ports tree on another machine. Can you nfs
> mount it?

I pulled all the NFS stuff out of the kernel, alas!

> 2. As others have mentioned, firebird is a fast-moving target. You *need* a
> cvsupped ports in order to keep up with it. So why not install the tree,
> portupgrade whatever rapidly changing applications you need (portupgrade
> -aRr), then rm -rf /usr/ports?

I've never used cvsup or portupgrade or anything like that.

> hmm. I've never used sysinstall for ports stuff apart from the initial
> preparation.. When preparing a machine, I'll install the ports tree, and
> cvsup-without-gui, and that's it.

I'll have to look into this when time permits.  It seems like a lot of
effort for something that normally isn't done very much on a production
system (presumably one is not constantly installing and deinstalling
software on a production server).

--
Anthony