How can I cut and paste from xterm _into_ another program ?

Joe Schmoe non_secure at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 21:31:48 GMT 2005

--- Frank Staals <f.staals at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> Copy: select the text:
> Paste: middle mouseclick. If you got a 2 button
> mouse it you most
> probably have to do this: left and right click at
> the same time.

I have no problem cutting and pasting.  The problem
is, I cannot cut from xterm and paste into opera.

I can cut from xterm and paste into any xterm.  I can
cut from opera and paste into any xterm.  I can cut
from opera and paste into opera.

BUT I cannot cut from xterm and paste into opera.

So yeah ... I know how to cut and paste :)  It just
doesn't work from xterm into opera... any ideas why ?