Odd message from cron daemon

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 27 17:44:19 GMT 2005

Roland Smith writes:

> The save-entropy script is being run from cron. See /etc/crontab. The first
> line of this script after the header begins with "# This". It looks like
> the hash mark was removed, and the shell is trying to find the "This"
> command and fails.

I checked both /usr/libexec/save-entropy and /etc/crontab.  The two
files are identical on my production server and on my test server: same
size, same contents, same modification date, etc.  However, this
mysterious message is being mailed to me only on the test system.  I'm
somewhat bewildered.  I agree that it looks like a simple typo in a file
somewhere, but the files are identical on both systems.

What else could be wrong?

--
Anthony