FreeBSD 5.3 - Raid

Robert Slade bsd at bathnetworks.com
Sun Feb 27 13:59:35 GMT 2005

Hi,

Sorry if this is dumb question.

I have a new install of FreeBSD on a single IDE drive. I have backed this up
so I am not too concerned about drive failure. I have now added 2, 250 Gbyte
drives (ad3 and ad4) to hold data. I would like to mirror them using sofware
raid and mount them as /home to hold the users data which is critical.

I have read the manual and searched the web for a simple way to do the above.
The manual seems to cover complex solutions and may be somewhat behind the
times.

I guess what I am looking for is a howto couched in such a way that even a
windows user can understand :-).

Any suggestions please.

Rob