Trouble Compiling 4.3.10 on FreeBSD 5.X

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Sat Feb 26 21:48:02 GMT 2005

Kirk,

well, yes, there is...first, the apache port has very few changes. most
of the patches are things that the FreeBSD community wanted to change to
fit defaults (.i.e different log file names, mostly cosmetic). I think
there are a couple of su_exec tweaks in it, but overall, the port is not
much different than the source.

And php is not the latest version in the ports either. Not to mention
that I use a lost of custom configuration parameters. It also doesn't
look like any of the patches in the port of 4.3.9 would do anything to
change my issue...

Not that I don't think the ports collection is good. There are just some
things that you need to do manually...

Tim.