RELENG_5 installworld fails

Velko Ivanov dachev at nove.bg
Sat Feb 26 12:10:35 GMT 2005

> So, you need to supply more info. Are you setting any special parameters
> in /etc/make.conf? Did you follow UPDATING as far as the sequence of
> buildworld, [build/install]kernel, boot to single user mode and do the
> installworld? Before this build, when did you last update your system?

This points to /etc/make.conf:
CPUTYPE=p3
CFLAGS= -O -pipe -msse -mmmx
COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe -msse -mmmx

NO_BIND=true
BOOTWAIT=0

It is a dual PIII Xeon, 5.3-RELEASE freshly installed - installing cvsup
and updating to RELENG_5 was the first thing I did.
The procedure in UPDATING is followed strictly.
I have done many installations on different machines and never had
trouble with optimizations in make.conf (except when I specified the
wrong CPU once :)).
I just can't link problems with GCC optimization flags, to the fact that
the path to uuencode is not set in a Makefile in some directory.
I was just curious, thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Velko Ivanov