RELENG_5 installworld fails

Velko Ivanov dachev at nove.bg
Fri Feb 25 19:46:47 GMT 2005

Hello,

a freshly cvsup-ed to RELENG_5 i386 machine failed during 'make
installworld' today with reason 'uuencode: can not find uuencode' in the
share/syscons/scrnmaps directory.
I changed the Makefile in /usr/src/share/syscons/scrnmaps, specifying
the absolute path to the uuencode executable -
/usr/obj/usr/src/usr.bin/uuencode/uuencode and the installation finished
without errors.
I'm not very familiar with the build system, so I'm wondering if I did
some mistake to get this error, and can I expect the system to work well
after my intervention, or is it better to cvsup again and reinstall? If
I get to this, I will cvsup to RELENG_5_3, I wouldn't update to RELENG_5
if I knew it was 5.4-PRERELEASE - my mistake.

Regards,
Velko Ivanov