Apache won't talk to the world

Jeffrey Colter dejamuse at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 15:03:09 GMT 2005

Hi,

I installed Apache 2 but it won't talk to the world.
KDE works fine on the internet through my WRT54G
router, but Apache gives this config error:
[alert] (EAI 8)hostname nor servname provided, or not
known: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of
".comcast.net"
Configuration Failed
I'm using ddclient to sync www.zonedit.com for dynamic
DNS using my Comcast cable internet connection.

I want to use virtual hosts to host several websites,
but can't even get the basic config to work.

Here is my rc.conf:
=============================
hostname="www.torva.com"
ifconfig_bge0="inet 192.168.1.40  netmask
255.255.255.0"
defaultrouter="192.168.1.1"
==============================

Here are the relevant lines in httpd.conf the Apache
config file:

Listen 192.168.1.40:80
User www
Group www