get local sendmail to use MX records

Gerard Meijer gmeijer at palmweb.nl
Fri Feb 25 11:40:43 GMT 2005

Since everybody was sure that the problem was with my fault and something
had to be wrong with my files, I feel that I have to post the solution, that
I was send to me to a member from the comp.mail.sendmail newsgroup.

It's really very easy when you know it (as always). As I was sure about, it
didn't have anything to do with my local-host-names file(s) or another place
where I accidentilly had left the domain name in.

The solution was to put the following line in sendmail.cf:

O DontProbeInterfaces=True

As I said, very easy, but not if you don't know it. I hope it will become of
someone someday.

Thanks a lot to everybody who replied to my thread!

Gerard