Converting wav to wma

gabriel normal1.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 20:49:09 GMT 2005

Hello List,

 I googled and found on the list a conversation regarding converting
realaudio into mp3s, but what I'm looking to do is convert wav files
to wma since it appears that wma files are less "heavy" and have
somewhat better quality.

The background behind me doing this is simple. I'm trying to create an
audio archive of audio files which are like an hour long of someone
speaking. It is for streaming on the internet (please lets not discuss
the bandwidth and all other irrelevant topics) and I've been told that
wma helps in achieving my goals.

I found this script on the list that does wav to mp3 it appears:
--------------------------[script]-------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# extraido de http://bulmalug.net/impresion.phtml?nIdNoticia=1744
# y modificado por mapelo manu_perez_lopez at hotmail.com
# necesita mplayer y lame

# Convertimos wma a mp3
for f in *.wma
  do
  mplayer "$f" -ao pcm
  mv audiodump.wav "$f.wav"
  #lame $f.wav
  # modificado por mapelo para hacer variable vibrate y de mayor calidad
  lame --vbr-new -V 3 -b 128 "$f.wav"
  rm "$f.wav"
  done

Any help will be appreciated. :)