Creating a boot diskette that does nothing but boot from hard disk

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 24 15:26:58 GMT 2005

Richard Jansson writes:

> If that dont work you can write a program that loads a sector (boot
> sector) to your RAM memory and then jump there. Sounds simple but you
> musst not forget that you should switch to protected mode from real
> mode.

I haven't written in assembler in years.  I was hoping that maybe I
could just copy a boot program from somewhere to somewhere else.  After
all, the usual boot program on the floppy boots the OS from the floppy,
so all one needs to do is change that program to point to the correct
hard drive instead.

--
Anthony