get local sendmail to use MX records

Lars Kristiansen lars at adventuras.no
Wed Feb 23 21:40:57 GMT 2005

> No, that is not the solution. It could be, but it's not what I want.
>
> An example:
>
> domain: domain.com
> domain.com is hosted on server B. The MX record for domain.com says that
> server A handles the mail of domain.com. So anyname at domain.com should be
> handled by server A.

Do you mean that your /bin/hostname show "domain.com" and not
"machine.domain.com"?

Anyway, you may have the option to bury the problem by using smart_host
and mail_hub:
 like this in sendmail.mc:
define(`SMART_HOST',`serverA.domain.com.')dnl
define(`MAIL_HUB',`serverA.domain.com.')dnl

--
Hilsen Lars