clamd after upgrade to 0.83

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.com
Wed Feb 23 20:05:04 GMT 2005

I do not have anything in /var/run/clamav and that is the location in
clamd.conf for placing the PID file. I cannot connect to the localhost as
well:

esmtp# telnet localhost 3310
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

However, according to the clamd.log, clamav is intercepting viruses. Do you
think it is working and why would I not be able to connect via telnet or
view the pid file if it is?

--
Robert

--On Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:35 PM +0100 "Daniel S. Haischt"