sendmail startup script?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Feb 23 14:27:32 GMT 2005

On 2005-02-23 08:54, Ken Hawkins <ken at rosewoodblues.com> wrote:
> I am in the midst of reconfiguring sendmail on a box to forward the
> mail from the domain to another box (true mail smtp box). is there a
> script that I can call similar to what is in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d
> area? how does sendmail konw what flags to set in the command on
> startup?

/etc/rc.conf contains the flags for Sendmail.

The /etc/rc.sendmail script can be used to stop, start or restart the
Sendmail daemon processes.

> btw my line from ps'ing is:
>
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -FCronDaemon -odi -oem -oi -t

This doesn't look like a daemon invocation of Sendmail (i.e. no -bd
flags are present).  The -t option means it's probably an invocation of
Sendmail from another user process, which is currently posting a
message.

- Giorgos