Sendmail masquerading configuration

Ian Moore no-spam at swiftdsl.com.au
Wed Feb 23 01:27:36 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:01, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> [...]

Thanks Ted, - I should have read more carefully.

Well that sort of works - cron jobs get sent from root at hamcoll.sa.edu.au
except for the periodic jobs, which are still sent from
root@<hostname>.hamcoll.sa.edu.au. Perhaps periodic sends the emails itself
instead of cron, though looking at it's source I can't see how.

Also, I still need to adjust my sendmail config on the server that is our
local smtp server. It seems to be putting the hostname back in cron's emails.

Cheers,
--
Ian

GPG Key: http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~imoore/no-spam.asc