SSH terminal locking up from OS X to FreeBSD

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:42:42 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:36:40 +0000, Jim Freeze <jim at freeze.org> wrote:

> > unless i'm missing something you are making the connection then typing
> > exit in the shell.
>
>  For this example, yes. That was the exit to leave the remote host.
>  I did this just to show that I had successfully logged in. If I
>  had waited a few minutes, then I would not have been able to show
>  that because the terminal would have locked up.

hmm...maybe it'll be more helpfull if you wait until it actually
lock's on you and post that info.  it also may be a good idea to run a
tcpdump or ethereal (i think one of those utils is built into OSX's
network utilites package) while this is happening.  altho hopefully
something interesting will pop up in the ssh debug output.  also, are
you able to check the logs on the the server end to see if anything
makes it to there that may be of interest?

HTH

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~