buldworld

Wouter van Rooij aentgood at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 15:45:04 GMT 2005

Hi all,

Yesterday evening I've runned a make buildworld, after a cvsup.
Unfortunately my system hang totally tomorrow. That is when the problems began.
When I'm booting, the system reboots every time.
I think I know why it hangs. It is because of vmmon_up.ko When I load
that ko with kldload in single user mode, the system hangs again.
So let's delete the file i thought, but it gives: (Logged in as root of course;)
rm: /boot/kernel/vmmon_up.ko: Read-only file system
ls -l gives:
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  38529 Feb 20 11:48 /boot/kernel/vmmon_up.ko
I've tried to fix it with chmod: chmod a+w vmmon_up.ko but it doesn't help.
Do you guys have any idea how to fix it?
Thanks
Wouter van Rooij