Sound card on a Chaintech 7NJL6

Justin L. Boss justin at alt-network.com
Tue Feb 22 04:37:38 GMT 2005

I just got a Chaintech 7NJL6 motherboard and two things are not working. SATA
controller (works but only at 33 not 150) and AC'97 Sound. I knew the SATA
would probably not work but the AC'97 Sound I expected to. I'm using the
snd_ich.ko mod (the only one that works), and as soon as I log into KDE I get
a high pitch sound. You can hear the normal sounds as well but the high pitch
sound is very loud. I hope that someone else has ran into this before that
might be able to shed some light on this. And as always Thanks in advance.

Also here are the specs of the motherboard.

Feature Highlights
Form Factor
ATX Form Factor 305mm x 210mm
CPU
Supports AMD Socket-A Athlon XP/Duron CPU
System Clock supports 200/266/333/400MHz
Chipset
NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 + MCPS
Main Memory
Three 184-pin DDR DIMMs up to 3GB
Supports Dual-Channel DDR266/333/400 SDRAM modules
Expansion Slots
One AGP slot for 4X/8X AGP
Five 32-Bit PCI slots (v2.2 compliant)
Audio Subsystem
With external high quality 5.1-Channel AC'97 Codec
Complete software driver supports for Windows OS
Optional S/PDIF out function
UltraDMA IDE Ports
Build-in nForce2 MCPS supports 2 UltraDMA-33/66/100/133 IDE ports
Embedded USB Controller
Build-in nForce2 MCPS supports total 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
Supports USB 2.0 High-Speed Device @480 Mb/s Transfer Rates
FDD Ports
One FDD connector supports up to 2.88MB
Boot-Block Flash ROM
Award system BIOS support PnP, APM, DMI, ACPI, & Multi-device booting features
Software
Driver CD (Chipset Autodetect)
Other Feature
On-board LAN controller
On-board LAN chip RTL8101L supports 10/100Mb Fast Ethernet
Internal I/O connectors
Three 3x1 pin fan connectors
Three 5x2 pin USB connectors for additional 6 USB ports
Optional 3x2 pin SPDIF connector for additional SPDIF-out adaptor
3x1 pin wake on LAN connector with housing
3x1 pin wake on Modem connector with housing
Two 4x1 pin CD-in connectors
9x2 pin front panel connector
5x2 pin front side audio connector
20 pin ATX Power connector
Rear Panel I/O ports
One PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard port
Two USB ports and one RJ45 connector
Two 9-pin D-Sub male Serial ports
One 25-pin D-Sub female Parallel port
Three Audio I/O jacks (Line-in, Line-out and Mic-in)
One 15-pin D-SUB female Game/MIDI port
On-board SATA RAID controller
Build-in nForce2 MCPS supports 2 serial ATA device for the highest data
transfer rates(1.5Gbps burst) with RAID 0/1 solution