ports unbuildable: KDE3 & KDE-lite - RESOLVED

Owen.G owen.g at onlinehome.de
Mon Feb 21 14:14:01 GMT 2005

Re: ports unbuildable: KDE3 & KDE-lite - RESOLVED

Hi, I'm a newbie to FreeBSD.  I'm trying to build KDE3 from the ports
collection without success.  MY PC is running on 5_stable (5.3).  The
sticking point is:

./src/gdevl256.c: In function 'lvga256_draw_line'

Stop in /usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gnu.

The KDE3 & KDE-lite ports won't install, they crash out.  I've CVsupped
the ports and run a portupgrade -aRr as well as having the latest stable
source code and a custom kernel. Do you have any ideas or should I put
the question to the freebsd-questions mailing list?

From: Michael Nottebrock
Subject: Re: ports unbuildable: KDE3 & KDE-lite

The error you're seeing occurs in the ghostscript-gnu port, which we
don't maintain. However, I suggest you try to install ghostscript-gnu
via package (as root: pkg_add -r ghostscript-gnu), this will allow you
to continue building KDE and save you from figuring out the build errors.
--

Owen wrote:

Thanks Michael,

I'm posting this resolution to "Questions" so that other newbies won't
have the same problem.

Owen