high latency

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Feb 21 11:49:04 GMT 2005

Realteks seem to have a problem detecting and setting up for the correct
speed/duplex.  (The 10/100 versions, that is)  If you leave them in AUTO
negotiation mode they only work right if connected to a 10/100 switch.
Otherwise if you have problems they work fine if you hard code the
speed/duplex in the /etc/rc.conf file.

Ted