Need IMAP Server Selection Advice

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 01:05:56 GMT 2005

Greetings,

I'm a recent covert to FreeBSD from many years of using linux on both
the server and the desktop. I'm currently using FreeBSD 5.3 on the
server and a new variant of FreeBSD called OS/X on the desktop :D

My question involves my server; what is the best strategy to a working
IMAP server? I have my own domain, and have operated IMAP under linux
for years without issue, but I can't seem to get it crankin' under
FreeBSD.

I'm quite certain this has more to do with my relative inexperience
with FreeBSD than with FreeBSD itself.

Whats the shortest path to a working configuration? I'm not particular
about whose software I use; I just need to be able to hit it for mail
via IMAP with Thunderbird or Mozilla.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Jmaes