Partial web page loading

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Mon Feb 21 00:36:23 GMT 2005

> > Scott Stevenson wrote:
> >> I'm a relatively new user of FreeBSD (5.3 release), and have
> >> encountered a problem that I haven't seen on other platforms. The
> >> details and a screenshot are outlined here:
> >>
> >> http://theocacao.com/document.page/82
> >>
> >> Essentially, web content (text and images alike, it seems)
> >> occasionally fails to load in entirety. I personally haven't be
> >> able to recreate this yet, but a few people have sent me
> >> emails about it. I didn't hear anything about this prior to
> >> switching to FreeBSD. This is the exact same content I had
> >> running on a Red Hat-based machine running the same version of
> >> Apache.
> >>
> >> I've done a lot of googling and looking through mailing list
> >> archives, but haven't been able to identify any real leads yet.
> >> Syslog doesn't suggest anything is amiss. My environment is:
> >>
> >> FreeBSD 5.3-Release
> >> Apache 2.0.50
> >> PHP 5.0.2
> >> BIND 9.3.0
> >>
> >> Both Apache and PHP were built from ports. I realize
> >> Apache is a few versions behind, and I'm going to upgrade it.
> >> Looking at the changelog, though, I can't seem to find
> >> anything that would pertain to this.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?

Are you sure it's not an odd browser configuration issue?  For example:

For the longest time, the images at http://bsdmall.com/ wouldn't load in
mozilla but would in konqueror.  One day, I stumbled across a
configuration item in mozilla to "Accept images that come from
originating server only".  I must have checked it accidentaly.  After I
unchecked that item, everything loaded fine.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould