undefined ap_block_alarms in libphp5.so in spite of SHARED_CORE

Gene listmail at Bomgardner.net
Sun Feb 20 22:06:18 GMT 2005

Hi -
I tried sending this to the PHP-INSTALL list and got an immediate pile
of spam back. Anyway -

I'm trying to get PHP5 to run with Apache 2.0.5 on FreeBSD 5.3. However,
I keep getting the following:

Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache2/libphp5.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache2/libphp5.so: Undefined symbol "ap_block_alarms"

Googling for this error brought lot's of results, all pointing to the
manual and saying to recompile with --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE.

I did so, yet the error persists.
Reinstalling has no effect, and I've found nothing in the manual.

Has anyone any idea how to corect this?

Thanks for taking the time to help
Gene