Partial web page loading

Scott Stevenson scott at maxify.com
Sun Feb 20 20:46:48 GMT 2005

I'm a relatively new user of FreeBSD (5.3 release), and have
encountered a problem that I haven't seen on other platforms. The
details and a screenshot are outlined here:

http://theocacao.com/document.page/82

Essentially, web content (text and images alike, it seems) occasionally
fails to load in entirety. I personally haven't be able to recreate
this yet, but a few people have sent me emails about it. I didn't hear
anything about this prior to switching to FreeBSD. This is the exact
same content I had running on a Red Hat-based machine running the same
version of Apache.

I've done a lot of googling and looking through mailing list archives,
but haven't been able to identify any real leads yet. Syslog doesn't
suggest anything is amiss. My environment is:

FreeBSD 5.3-Release
Apache 2.0.50
PHP 5.0.2
BIND 9.3.0

Both Apache and PHP were built from ports. I realize Apache is a few
versions behind, and I'm going to upgrade it. Looking at the changelog,
though, I can't seem to find anything that would pertain to this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

     - Scott

--