IPFW config

SigmaX scottclansman at cwazy.co.uk
Sun Feb 20 18:05:11 GMT 2005

Heya;
I have a FreeBSD 5.3 server that I access over SSH.  I followed the
handbook guide to loading the ipfw kernel module to setup a firewall.  I
made the mistake the other day of loading the firewall, which defaults
to block all, and rebooting, so I couldn't get into the system again
(Had to drive in and fix it :-P).  Anyway, what I need to know is how to
edit the ruleset manually BEFORE enabling the firewall.  I need to set
the rules, then load the kernel module, not vise versa.  I've never
dealt with ipfw without webmin, so I need some explicit answers :-).
What I need to do its this:

Set IPFW to allow traffic on ports 80, 10000, and 23 (That's the default
SSH port, right?)
Then start IPFW with the kernel module (I know how to do this)

    Thanx,
         SigmaX

--
Registered Linux Freak #: 366,862

"If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free."