What do you use to burn things ?

David Kelly dkelly at HiWAAY.net
Sun Feb 20 17:38:50 GMT 2005

On Feb 20, 2005, at 3:54 AM, Gert Cuykens wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:41:59 +0100, Gert Cuykens
> <gert.cuykens at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How do you burn a iso file for example ?
>>

> What does this mean ?
>
> I# burncd -f /dev/acd0 -s max data /root/Desktop/memtest86-3.2.iso
> fixate
> next writeable LBA 581
> writing from file /root/Desktop/memtest86-3.2.iso size 1794 KB
>
> only wrote -1 of 32768 bytes: Input/output error
>
> fixating CD, please wait..
> burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCFIXATE): Input/output error

Looks like the result I had when attempting to write a DVD-R with
burncd.

My drive is a:
acd0: DVDR <LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S/BS0K> at ata1-master UDMA33

The media was ruined in the above attempt but growisofs worked.

Tried writing to the author of cdrecord, followed his instructions to
the letter because his published freeware key to enable DVD did not
work. Suspect it didn't like the "5.3" part of FreeBSD. Never heard
back.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net