Installation Problem: Can't boot from isos

David Nies davidnies at web.de
Fri Feb 18 21:41:32 GMT 2005

Hello!

I'm new to FreeBSD, but not to Unix. I've been using linux for quiet a
long time, but recently, I've heard about the benefits of FreeBSD. So I
downloaded the latest iso-images of the 5.3-RELEASE. I burned them on CD
and tried to boot from them. Everything went fine, lots of text passing
by showing my hardware, and then it freezes after this line: ``acd1:
CDRW <HL-DT-ST GCE-8520B/1.02> at ata1-slave UDMA33''.

I don't know anything to do. Can you please give me some hints?

Thanks in advance.