Shell script question

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Fri Feb 18 01:00:18 GMT 2005

On Feb 17, 2005, at 3:13 PM, Digish Reshamwala wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run one of my installation shell script using the
> command-
>
> bash resetapp.sh
>
> & it gives me the error as-
> 'bash: not found'
>
> How do I install bash?  I am using FreeBSD/i3b6 5.2.1
>
> Also, whats the command to check which version of FreeBSD I am using?
>
> Please help me out,
>
> Thanks a lot,
> macuser

Generally, shell scripts use sh, not bash.

uname -a will give you a full output of system/kernel version.

To install bash, type the following command as root:

# cd /usr/ports/shells/bash && make install clean

HTH
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson