FSCK on Reboot

Matt LaPlante cyberdog3k at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 22:40:43 GMT 2005

Right now I've got a server running FreeBSD 4.11.  My question is, is
there a way to automatically run fsck on a system reboot, without
having to go through the process of sitting at the computer, changing
the run level, etc, etc. Clearly it's beneficial in a work environment
to be able to wait till night hours to run such operations, but I
personally have no desire to hang around the office until midnight
just to run a file system check.  I know on any Windows machine this
is easily accomplished by running chkdsk and answering "y" when it
prompts if you want the system checked on the next reboot...you can go
home, wait till midnight, and reboot the system, it will automatically
check itself and come back online.  Can this be accomplished in
FreeBSD?