how to configure a port for install

Bob Ababurko bob at phreakout.net
Wed Feb 16 21:35:31 GMT 2005

Peter Risdon wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 11:48 +0000, Peter Risdon wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 21:48 -0500, Bob Ababurko wrote:
>>
>>>Hello-
>>>
>>>I am trying to figure out how to configure the ports....what I am trying
>>>to do is add mhash to my system that a new script needs and I have to
>>>add the --with-mhash=[dir] when I compile php.  Well I installed php
>>>with the ports and I am hoping to reinstall it with this added.  I have
>>>tried to add it to the Makefile under the configure options, but I got
>>>an error that said: "Unassociated shell command".  That obviously is not
>>>the right way.
>>
>>Just install:
>>
>>/usr/ports/security/php4-mhash
>>
>>on top of your existing php installation.
>>
>>An alternative is to install /lang/php4-extensions and check the
>>relevant boxes.
>

> Ugh. errant slash:
>
> install lang/php4-extensions
>
> Peter.

After installing php4-mhash, I cannot get apache to restart.
I cannot find anything in the logs, namely http-error.log probabl
because apache needs to be started.  I am not finding anything in the
/var/log/messages either.  When I start apache from the command line, it
gives me the message the httpd has been started but there doesn't.
What could be wrong?

btw, this is installing on apache ....WAIT a moment.  When I do a
pkg_info, I get apache+mod_ssl-1.3.31+2.8.19.  Could that be my problem?
  Does that mean that there are two versions of apache installed?  I do
not remember doing this....as a matter of fact I know I did not do this.
Can someone shed some light on this for me?

-Bob