Specify location of port install?

Michael C. Shultz reso3w83 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 15 17:33:30 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 06:20 am, S Salamander wrote:
> I have a situation where I need both gpgme03 and gpgme installed.
> However, both install their includes and other files in very similar
> locations and another program I'm installing can't find the needed
> gpgme03 files.
>
> I don't believe anything else I have installed depends on gpgme03, so
> I was wondering if there was a way when installing it again I could
> specify the install directory such that I could point other apps I'm
> installing to it more directly (I think their finding the gpgme files
> when they need the gpgme03 files).
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks.

If the port is prefix compliant you should be able to do

make PREFIX=/alternate base dir/

Then watch out for libraries the port installs, because
they will end up in /alternate base dir/lib.  When that happens
run ldconfig -m /alternate base dir/lib, add /alternate base dir/bin
to your path and everything should be set.

-Mike