OT - (was Re: mx2.freebsd.org in SORBS, AGAIN!)

Adi Pircalabu apircalabu at bitdefender.com
Tue Feb 15 12:18:56 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:58:01 -0800
"Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at toybox.placo.com> wrote:

> Once you can figure out how to program the FreeBSD mailservers to
> determine exactly which incoming message is spam that needs to be
> dropped, and
> which is a legitimate message that is just perhaps misspelled and
> needs to be returned to the sender, your life wouldn't be worth a
> plugged nickel because every spammer on the face of the Earth would
> be gunning for you. ;-)

Well :) let's put it in terms of cost: what's the cost of losing a
misspelled legitimate mail vs. the cost of bouncing ALL misspelled
mails which include virii and spam? This is quite a dilema, but I tend
to reduce the costs by dropping few legitimate mails instead of bouncing
them together with many other bad ones.

--
Adrian Pircalabu

Public KeyID = 0x04329F5E