All your laptops are belong to Windows.

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Tue Feb 15 07:48:56 GMT 2005

Hi,

bsdnooby wrote:

> I'm defeated.  The FreeBSD install gives no hints as to why it turns off
> my laptop.

FreeBSD's weakest point is the support for notebooks.

I could get it running at least but it did not make real sense to keep
it as the power management was to limited. I kept this machine as my
only Windows machine to do support Windows programs.

It is very often the case that notebook vendors do not give the support
needed to adopt the drivers to make FreeBSD a success on those machines.

Erich