Configuring PF

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 04:55:52 GMT 2005

Is there any place I can find a good default ruleset for a server, and
just change what ports I want open?

Also, I've noticed that some rulesets will have different flags and
keep state on for certain TCP ports, but not others.  For example, at
https://www.section6.net/help/pf.php I found:
#WebServer, HTTPS, 8000
pass in on $extif proto tcp from any to any port 80 flags S/SA
pass in on $extif proto tcp from any to any port $tcp_services flags
S/SA synproxy state

tcp_services is {22, 443}

I don't understand why they use synproxy state for 22 and 443, but not 80