Freebsd vs. linux

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:42:45 GMT 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:53:23 +0100, Anthony Atkielski
<atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Loren M. Lang writes:
>
> > That's not true in my expeirence, I still see the blue screen
> > occassionally on both WinNT 4.0 and 2K systems.
>
> Then you have bad device drivers, or you are running software with OS
> privileges that contains bugs.

I have to go with Loren, the BSOD certainly still comes up with
NT/2k/(especially)XP systems.  I have had systems that would Blue
Screen about once a week.  And, before someone (read Anthony) comes
out saying "You're using bum drivers or flaky apps"  I definitely was.
 I was, however, using ONLY things coming from the Windows Install CDs
or the Windows updates system which means that it's the OS itself that
is at fault.  It's likely not representative of a lot of cases, but
just a little reminder that people shouldn't make such definitive
conclusions (read assumptions) before hearing the facts.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.